Frequently Asked Questions
May 05, 2020
The Water Authority continues to act proactively and responsibly in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. Public meetings with public input are a critical contingent of good governance, and part of the Authority’s response to the pandemic includes a method to conduct normal public business while still maintaining our responsibly to reduce risks associated with the spread of the virus. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions below.
- Will the Authority still hold public meetings?
- Yes, but the format will be different.
- How do I find out what’s on the agenda for a given meeting?
- Online: Public notices and other pertinent information are posted in several areas here on our website.
- By contacting the Authority by phone (540.967.1122) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- What business will be considered?
- This process is intended to facilitate routine public business. Please note that some non-essential items may be delayed until the typical in-person meeting format can be resumed following the pandemic.
- Is the public allowed in the building?
- In accordance with the Authority’s ongoing efforts to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, physical (in-person) access to the Authority’s Office is not permitted.
- I DON’T need to provide public comment or input at the meeting, but I’m still interested. How do I just listen to or watch the meeting?
- Online: Meetings will be now be streamed on Louisa County’s website at http://louisacountyva.iqm2.com/Citizens/media.aspx. Find the link to the Louisa County Water Authority meeting.
- On the phone: The Authority has deployed a telephone option for citizens to listen to the proceeds. To join by phone simply call the number below when you are ready. Then enter the meeting ID when prompted. When connected you will only be able to hear the meeting, if you wish to provide public comment see below. When connected you may hear music if the meeting has not yet begun or is in a brief recess.
- Dial in phone number: (301)715-8592
- Meeting ID: 609 583 330 then press the # button
- I DO want to provide participate in the Public Comment period or provide input on a specific Public Hearing. How do I do that?
- In writing. The public may provide written input by email (email@example.com), by mail (23 Loudin Ln; Louisa, Virginia 22903), or by dropping comments at the address above. Written comments will be read into the record during the appropriate portion of the meeting. Please note that written comments must be received by 5pm the day of the meeting. Via phone during the meeting.
- During the meeting via phone. Call the County at (540) 967-4565 during the meeting itself. Staff will take your name and number. At the appropriate time during the meeting, you will be called back so that you can provide your comments “live” to the Authority. The Authority’s electronic systems will record this comment as normal.
- The Authority will take a brief recess after Public Hearing presentations in case additional callers need to call based on information they heard during the hearing’s presentation.
- Is this compliant with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)?
- Due to the COVID-19 emergency, these processes are fully FOIA compliant.